TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF COUNCIL FACILITIES
Flinders Shire Council will temporarily close a number of facilities, as outlined below, from Monday 23 March until further notice.
Additionally, all Council-run events, including programs through the Flinders Shire Public Library, Flinders Discovery Centre and Home and Community Care, are now cancelled until further notice.
Council services closed until further notice:
- Hughenden Showgrounds
- Diggers Entertainment Centre
- Prairie Hall
- Hire Council Equipment
- Community Bus Hire
- RV Campground
Customer Service Counters:
- Flinders Public Library
- Flinders Discovery Centre
- Home and Community Care Office - see below for further details for Community Care Program
Centrelink services and the Flinders Shire office will stay open at present.
All essential services will be operational on a business as usual basis.
The health and safety of our community and Council staff is our top priority and we believe this decision is in everyone’s best interest.
For regular updates about the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
Regular updates from council will be available on Hughenden Connect or www.flinders.qld.gov.au
COMMUNITY CARE PROGRAM
Flinders Shire Council would like to advise our valued clients of on going increase in services provided for Home & Community Care Clients:
- Domestic Care / Assistance Current arrangements continuing – No planned changes at present
- Personal Care Current arrangements continuing – No planned changes at present
- Social Support Social Connectivity provided in Clients homes only
- Transport Transport to Doctors or Hospital outpatients appointments and then transport to home only
- Home Maintenance and Gardening Current arrangements continuing – Clients to contact HACC Reception on 07 4741 2960 to book services
- Home Delivery Service Available Monday, Wednesday & Friday – During hours of 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Grocery and Chemist supplies – Clients may order through local supermarkets/chemists, pay at time of ordering by credit card asking supermarket to let HACC Reception know to arrange delivery.
Community Care Staff are participating in ongoing training including infection control in order to ensure the highest possible standards are provided to our valued clients at all times.
Please be advised we intend to inform you of any changes that will occur as a result of current situation with Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Should clients have any further queries please contact the HACC reception team by telephone on 07 4741 2960, the preferred method of contact, during normal business hours.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER