Effective complaints management is fundamental to the provision of quality services that Council aims to provide and enables a mechanism for obtaining feedback from customers and resolving disputes. To this end, Council recognises that errors and mistakes may occur and all reasonable attempts will be made to rectify failures to ensure community confidence is maintained.

Council is committed to effectively handling complaints promptly and professionally and takes seriously all complaints, irrespective of the mode of delivery.  Anonymous complaints will also be accepted.

If you require further information about complaints management at Council, please download the:


How to make a complaint

All complaints should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer.

Administration Complaint Form

Please lodge your complaint using one of the following methods:

  Online:    Please see Online Complaints section below
  Phone:  07 4741 2900
  Mail to: 
    Flinders Shire Council
    PO Box 274
    HUGHENDEN   QLD   4821


How your complaint will be investigated

When you let us know about your complaint, we will direct your concern to the directorate best able to deal with it. That area will investigate the issue and respond directly to you.

A Council officer may contact you to discuss your concerns or to ask for further information.

Council will then respond to your complaint, giving the reasons for our view.

If you are dissatisfied with the decision (or any part of it), you can apply for internal review , which will be undertaken by an officer more senior to the original decision maker. The internal reviewer is required to remake the decision with fresh eyes.


How long it will take

Council will do its best to resolve your complaint within 14-45 days, depending on the nature and complexity of your complaint. If there is a delay, the council officer will contact you to advise of the circumstances and the estimated time for receiving the response.

You should be aware that by lodging a complaint, the matter will not be automatically suspended or put on hold.


Further action

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your concerns, you have the right to take your complaint to an external agency, such as the Queensland Ombudsman or Judicial Review.

If you believe that the complaint involves crime or corruption on the part of a councillor or council officer, this may be reported to the Crime and Corruption Commission to be dealt with externally.


Adminstrative/Staff Complaints Only
Please submit your complaint about Council Staff or Administration as per the definition above. Please include your NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, EMAIL or your request can not be processed.
This field is mandatory.
This field is mandatory.