The Commonwealth Home Support Program provides funding for services which support frail older people and their carers, who live in the community and whose capacity for independent living are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care. The program is for older people aged 65 years and over and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and over. The program is to maximise independence, through delivery of entry-level support services taking into account each person's individual goals, preferences and choices with a strong emphasis on wellness and re-enablement.
To check eligibility and to be referred for services prospective clients or their carers need to contact the My Aged Care team on either 1800 200 422 or website www.myagedcare.gov.au
Guidelines For Community Care Programs
- Domestic Assistance - 1-2 hours per week
- Social Support - 1-2 hours per week
- Personal Care - ½ hour per day Monday to Friday
- Nursing Care
- Centre Based Day Care
- Respite Care - dependent on need, two options:
- Option 1 - Short term care up to 4 weeks maximum 5 hours per day Monday to Friday
- Option 2 - Ongoing respite care, maximum 5 hours per week
- Home Maintenance - 1 hour per month
- Transport - Monday to Friday 9:30am to 12:30pm, Thursday (Prairie) 8:00am-1:00pm.
- Meals on Wheels