Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
The Commonwealth Home Support Program provides funding for services which support frail older people and their carers, who live in the community and whose capacity for independent living are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care. The program is for older people aged 65 years and over and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years and over.
To check eligibility and to be referred for services prospective clients or their carers need to contact the My Aged Care team on either 1800 200 422 or website www.myagedcare.gov.au
Guidelines for Community Care Programs
Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP):
- Domestic Assistance - 1-2 hours per week - $5.00 per hour
- Social Support - 1-2 hours per week – No Charge
- Personal Care - ½ hour per day Monday to Friday - $5.00 per hour
- Nursing Care - as needed, dependent on funding and client numbers. – No Charge
- Centre Based Day Care - dependent on funding, a donation may be requested.
- Respite Care - dependent on need, two options: - $5.00 per hour
- Option 1 - Short term care up to 4 weeks maximum 5 hours per day Monday to Friday
- Option 2 - Ongoing respite care, maximum 5 hours per week
- Home Maintenance - 1 hour per month - $5.00 per hour
- Transport - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm, Thursday (Prairie) 8:00am-1:00pm.
- Meals on Wheels -$9.00 per meal (price may increase annually on advice from the provider)