The original structure of the Diggers Hall was built in 1926. It was known as the ‘Odd Fellows Hall' as was built by the Odd Fellow Lodge, whom established a society in Hughenden on the 29th Feb 1884.
Returned Sailors ‘Soldiers' and Airmens Imperial League of Australia (RSSAILA) purchased the hall in 1958. The hall was refurbished, extended and renamed the Diggers Memorial Hall after the returned service men.
The Diggers Hall, as it became affectionately known, was purchased by the Flinders Shire Council in 1961.
After many years of planning and fundraising in the community, the hall was demolished in 2001 and replaced by this new $2.7m multiuse air-conditioned conference and sporting facility.
The first official function held in the Diggers Entertainment Centre was the 50th Anniversary Ball of the ‘Hughenden Country Matrons', when 650 guests were easily accommodated.
Location: 21 Brodie Street, HUGHENDEN QLD 4821
For more information and bookings please contact:
- Flinders Shire Council
- Phone: (07) 4741 2900
- Email: email@example.com