The Flinders Shire Council is working in partnership with GIVIT and we are reaching out to affected Flinders Shire residents, to assist in requesting support from donations made for the North Queensland Monsoon Trough - 25 January - 14 February 2019 event.
All applications will be submitted through GIVIT and will be treated as highly confidential.
As much as possible, any requests will be purchased through local business houses in the Flinders Shire.
With the generosity of donations received from the Kennedy Energy Park partners, funds are now available though GIVIT, Flinders Shire Council is working on the administration to assist with requests.
Please complete the required form below to be completed with items you need and your request will be submitted to GIVIT to administer.
Once completed forms are then to be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Recovery, Flinders Shire Council, PO Box 274, Hughenden Qld 4821. Please mark your envelope confidential.
Details on Requests:
Funds allocation restricted to max. $5K per case/participant/donation
Funds allocated will be through a voucher system supporting Flinders Shire business houses who supply requested products where possible.
- Travel assistance for children at boarding school
- Up to a max $4000 in flights/travel assistance
- Produce and farm supplies
- Household items (white goods, beds)
- School essentials, laptops, uniforms
- Vehicle or Mechanical repairs e.g. tyres, motor repairs, parts
- Other items that have been lost or damaged
- Tobacco or alcohol products
Not only will these donations support you as a resident but it will also support the local business houses and their future in our community.