Queensland Community Care Services (QCCS)
Aimed at people under 65 years and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under 50 years, the Queensland Community Care Services is administered by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services to support younger people to live independently in the community and provide services in a way that maintains and promotes independence.
Guidelines for Community Care Programs
Queensland Community Care Services (QCCS):
- Domestic Assistance - 1-2 hours per week - $5.00 per hour
- Social Support - 1-2 hours per week – No Charge
- Personal Care - ½ hour per day Monday to Friday - $5.00 per hour
- Nursing Care - as needed, dependent on funding and client numbers. – No Charge
- Centre Based Day Care - dependent on funding, a donation may be requested.
- Respite Care - dependent on need, two options: - $5.00 per hour
- Option 1 - Short term care up to 4 weeks maximum 5 hours per day Monday to Friday
- Option 2 - Ongoing respite care, maximum 5 hours per week
- Home Maintenance - 1 hour per month - $5.00 per hour
- Transport - Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm, Thursday (Prairie) 8:00am-1:00pm.
- Meals on Wheels -$9.00 per meal (price may increase annually on advice from the provider)