The Hughenden Landfill is located at the end of McLaren Street.
It is open seven days a week and is free.
|Day||Morning Opening Hours||Afternoon Opening Hours|
|Weekdays||8.00am to 11.00am||3.00pm to 6.00pm|
|Weekends||8.00am to 11.00am||2.00pm to 6.00pm|
|Public Holidays||8.00am to 11.00am|
|New Years Day||Closed|
There is security present during these hours and the gates are locked after hours.
Council organises two bulk rubbish collection days per year, which are advertised a few weeks in advance. Residents need to come in to the Shire Office to nominate their address for collection.
Scavenging at this site is illegal at all times and penalties apply for those involved.
Rubbish collection in the township of Hughenden changed from Monday, 6 December 2010.
Please take note of the day that your wheelie bin will be picked up and have your wheelie bin out before 6.00 am that morning.
The rubbish collection for Business houses will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The rubbish collection for the Hospital, Schools and Parks will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Monday Residential Pick up
Abbott Street, Allen Terry Caravan Park/Swimming Pool, Beaconsfield Street, Byers Street, Council Depot, Disraeli Street, Earl Street, Flinders Highway, Flinders Street (south of railway line), Flynn Street, Gray Street (south of the railway line), McLaren Street, McLay Street, Page Street, Playfoot Street, Queen Street, Railway Estate, Railway Station, Swanson Street, Victoria Street, Winton Road.
Wednesday Residential Pick up
Doctor's Residence, Afton Street, Alyss Street, Betts Street, Churchill Street, Geary Street, Gray Street (north of the railway line), Hunter Street, Marathon Street, Moran Street, Mowbray Street, Peel Street, Resolution Street, Richmond Hill Drive, Stansfield Street
Friday Residential Pick up
Bond Lane, Brodie Street, Comyn Street, Dalrymple Road, Flinders Street (north of railway line), Goldring Street, Uhr Street, Voss Street, Hammond Court, Hammond Street, Hann Highway, Hardwicke Street, Little Avenue
Please note that rubbish will not be collected on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.
Wheelie Bin Garbage Collection Conditions
- Place the bin on the footpath next to the kerb, handle towards the house.
- Do not block pedestrian pathways or vehicle access
- The lid must be effectively closed.
- Material not in the wheelie bin will not be collected.
- Do not overload the bin – maximum weight is 70kg.
- Bag all loose rubbish (eg. dust, kitchen scraps).
Failure to observe these conditions may result in bin not being emptied
- Household furniture.
- White goods/metal products including degassed fridges, freezers, stoves, washing machines (doors must be removed or sealed for child safety).
- E-Waste such as household electronic items including televisions and computers.
- Green waste and general unwanted household items.
- Cars (by arrangement) – Please contact Council Parks and Gardens 0428 411 658
- Food waste
- Building, construction and renovation waste.
- Demolition waste.
- Gas cylinders.
- Hazardous materials (including paint, oils and chemicals).
- Solar panels and glass sheets.
- Residents are to contact Council 4741 2900 to register their name on the collection list after the collection dates have been advertised (Registrations will close at 5pm Friday 1st December).
- Waste must be placed on the verge no more than seven days prior to collection dates.
- Hard waste, green waste, metals and e-waste are to be placed neatly on the verge in four separate piles so it can be recycled.
- Keep visibility clear for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
- Keep rubbish one metre clear of the footpath.