Council publication scheme contains the following information:
- About Us (who we are and what we do)
- Our Services (the services we offer)
- Our Finances (what we spend and how we spend it)
- Our Priorities (what are priorities are and how we are doing)
- Our Decisions (how we make decisions)
- Our Policies (our policies and procedures)
- Our Lists (lists and registers)
- Our Annual Report is a good starting point for finding a range of information about how Council operates.
- Mayor and Councillors: The Flinders Shire elects six councillors and the Mayor. To view profiles click here.
- Council's Corporate Structure
- Laws and Regulations: The Flinders Shire Council is responsible for ensuring relevant State and Local Laws are observed.
- Contact Council:You can contact Council via phone, mail or email, or in person.
Council services (the services we offer)
A general list of services provided by Council.
- Council facilities: List of Facilities provided by Council
- Our online services: Search information about Council, download forms from Council's database or provide Council with valuable feedback.
- Council publications: List of Council's Corporate Publications and Meeting Minutes.
- Council News and Media Releases
What we spend and how we spend it, including our financial statements and our financial management practices.
- The Budget documentation provides information about the budget for the 2011/2012 financial year.
- Fees and Charges:Council's Schedule of Fees and Charges is adopted each year as part of its annual budget.
- Council's Corporate Reporting: The Local Government Act 2009 requires Council to report on its progress towards implementing corporate and operational plans. Our progress towards implementation of the Corporate Plan and Operational Plan is reported each year through the Annual Report.
Information about what our priorities are and how we are doing are contained in the following documents:
- Flinders Shire Council Corporate Plan: The Corporate Plan enables the whole organisation to work together in the same direction to address the key priorities for the community and achieve Council's vision. The Corporate Plan is a way for Council to communicate its direction with its stakeholders, particularly the community, and provides a framework for reporting back on progress achieved through the various activities of the organisation.
- Flinders Shire Council Community Plan: Flinders Shire Community Plan - ‘Our Future' is a high level plan that identifies community needs and articulates the Council and community's long-term vision, aspirations and priorities. The Community Plan is for the whole community, not just for Local Government.
How we make decisions, including reviews, decision making processes, guidelines and standards:
- Council Meetings and Minutes: Council meetings are open to the public. This information also includes a schedule for Council meetings.
Our Corporate Policies and guidelines relating to our functions and responsibilities.
Our Lists (lists and registers)
Lists and registers held by Council include the following:
Other documents available from Council:
- Minutes of Council Meetings
- Council Meeting Agenda Items
- Revenue Policy
- Budget & Revenue Statements
- Statements of Accounts
- Annual Report
- Annual Procurement Plan
You can request further information about our public registers by contacting Council.