Flood Assistance Program
Flinders Shire Council will be distributing financial assistance cards to the community from funds received under the Disaster Recovery Funding arrangements (DRFA) – CAT ‘D’ Funding.
Applications will open on the 5th May 2020 and all cards will expire on 5th May 2021.
Cards will be made available to all residents (over the age of 18) in the Flinders Shire as well as contractors (over the age of 18) who are working within the shire for a period longer than three months, during the time of distribution.
Each card will be pre loaded with $200 to be used at a local business that is registered with the program.
To receive a card, a simple application process will need to be completed.
Applications will be made available on Councils website www.flinders.qld.gov.au from the 5th May 2020.
For those who are unable to access online applications, hardcopy forms can be collected from the Flinders Shire Council Office. Social Distancing rules still apply and must be adhered to when attending the Office.
- Cards are available for all residents and contractors/workers within the Flinders Shire during distribution to the value of $200 each.
- Cards can only be utilised in business houses within the Flinders Shire who have registered for the program.
- Cards will expire 04/05/2021.
- Applications can be completed online and once received will be registered and cards will be posted to applicant.
- Only one card is available per person.
- Identification required for all applicants.
- If not a resident, proof of working within the shire is required.
- Direct applicants through the Finders Shire Office can not collect a card on behalf of anyone else other then themselves.
- Cards can not be exchanged for cash.
- Total limited funds are available – cards will be distributed on a first in best dressed basis
- Lost cards must be reported immediately for replacement.
- Cards will only be replaced for unused value of lost card.
- A register of all cards will be kept private and confidential.
- Flinders Shire Council is not responsible for any losses due to lost or stolen cards.
- A list of registered business houses will be available on the Council website www.flinders.qld.gov.au
You are able to use your card at the following business:
Community Development Officer Recovery
Phone: 07 4741 2900
Fax: 07 4741 1741
Mobile: 0427 615 132
Postal Address: PO Box 274 Hughenden QLD 4821
Downloadable Application Form:
Please fill in the below Online Form below or you can download the PDF form and email, post or drop off to the Main Council Office.
Post: PO Box 274, HUGHENDEN QLD 4821
In Person: Council Office - 34 Gray Street, HUGHENDEN QLD 4821