MOW (Meals on Wheels)
Meals on Wheels is a name familiar to Australians and is at the heart of many communities. It represents helping hands, teamwork and looking out for each other. It is all about people in the community joining forces to help others. While age and disability may reduce some people's capacity to get out and about, Meals on Wheels helps make it possible to stay in their homes, where most are happiest, and maintain some independence. Delivery of nutritious meals, social interaction and regular visits ensure a clients’ wellbeing and can help people live the lives they choose.
Our Service Provides:
- Main Course
All meals are contained in hygienic, disposable containers.
Rights And Responsibilities
As a Meals on Wheels client, your responsibilities are as follows:
- To comply with Meals on Wheels duty of care in meal deliveries policy
- To advise the Meals on Wheels service of your dietary requirements
- To pay for your meals
- To advise if you are not going to be home when the meal is delivered; and
- To advise if you are going to be absent for any short or extended time.
Your rights are as follows:
- You have the right to express your concerns about the service without fear of losing the service
- You have the right to have your complaints dealt with fairly and promptly
- You have the right to be represented by an advocate of your choice
- You have the right to be assessed to receive meals without discrimination
- You have the right to have your dietary requirements met
- You have the right to privacy and confidentiality. You can expect that no information about you will be provided to anyone else outside the Service without your permission; and
- You have the right to view any information about yourself held by the service.