Mission and Vision
Flinders Shire – a place of discovery, opportunity and lifestyle
To promote quality of life through leadership, attitude and respect
- A Caring Philosophy
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Local Ownership
Our Guiding Principles
At Flinders Shire we are committed to making decisions responsibly and sustainably acting with integrity, honesty and respect.
- Our Environment – We will provide stewardship to maintain, protect and enhance our natural environment whilst supporting new and existing industries.
- Our Resources – We will encourage sustainable resource utilisation by providing support to businesses and their associated industries.
- Our Community – We will work with our community to provide an appealing lifestyle with the available resources to build a healthy, happy and caring community.
- Our Economy – We will approach all business aspects of the Shire in a manner that promotes growth and sustainability to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Our Infrastructure – We will aim to continuously improve products, services and processes through sustainable management of Council’s core assets.
- Our Governance – We will work as a team and act with pride, accountability, transparency and integrity to deliver services to our residents.
Local Government Act 2009 - Chapter 6 Administration - Division 2 Other local government employees
196 Appointing other local government employees
(1) A local government must, by resolution, adopt an organisational structure that is appropriate to the performance of the local government’s responsibilities.
(2) The local government may employ local government employees for the performance of the local government’s responsibilities.
(3) The chief executive officer appoints local government employees.