Mission and Vision
Flinders Shire – a place of discovery, opportunity and lifestyle
To promote quality of life through leadership, attitude and respect
- A Caring Philosophy
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Local Ownership
Our Guiding Principles
At Flinders Shire we are committed to making decisions responsibly and sustainably acting with integrity, honesty and respect.
- Our Environment – We will provide stewardship to maintain, protect and enhance our natural environment whilst supporting new and existing industries.
- Our Resources – We will encourage sustainable resource utilisation by providing support to businesses and their associated industries.
- Our Community – We will work with our community to provide an appealing lifestyle with the available resources to build a healthy, happy and caring community.
- Our Economy – We will approach all business aspects of the Shire in a manner that promotes growth and sustainability to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Our Infrastructure – We will aim to continuously improve products, services and processes through sustainable management of Council’s core assets.
- Our Governance – We will work as a team and act with pride, accountability, transparency and integrity to deliver services to our residents.